Re: NVDA repeating itself

when is the time for final nvda 2016.4?
i realy wish to see it very soon and am very excited from some of its features!
can i use potplayer in this release without any problem?

On 12/7/16, Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:
Started with RC1

That could be why mine is working differently. I take it NVDA didn't
keep repeating the current icon before 2016.4rc1?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net
<mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net>> wrote:

I don't require a password to open windows. So when returning from
sleep I am placed on the desktop.

Are you using the lock screen / logging in to your account?

On mine when I just tried exactly what you did (alt+f4 from the
desktop,
choose sleep, let it go to sleep, close the lid, open the lid),
it comes
up to the lock screen - although it didn't always announce
anything.
When I logged in, it announced "pane" twice but that was all.
So I got
a couple of little gremlins, but different ones to you.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net
<mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net>
<mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net <mailto:lmddh50@comcast.net>>> wrote:

Running NVDA RC1 on a Win 10 laptop. When I close the laptop
normally first hit Alt F4 and then select sleep, let it go
to sleep
then shut the lid. When I open the laptop later thus
returning from
sleep NVDA keeps repeating the name of the Icon in focus
over and
over. Is this expected behavior?
As I have already said as a newbee I am quite impressed by
NVDA.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Direct: +61 413 904 383 <tel:%2B61%20413%20904%20383>
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Direct: +61 413 904 383
Twitter: @NVAccess

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is: