Re: NVDA doesn't announce what shifted letter and number keys do

Quentin Christensen

Nasrin,

Yep, that's basically what input help does - you press NVDA+1 and from then on it will read out the keys you press and where applicable, what they do.  It doesn't actually do anything.  So, you can press delete or windows, or alt+f4 and it won't actually do anything, but it will tell you what you pressed.  It's good for both finding your way around a new keyboard layout, and also for practising keyboard commands that you might often press the wrong keys on, and practicing NVDA commands without doing anything.

When you are finished, press NVDA+1 again to turn input help off.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:55 PM, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
i did not understand the subject.
i dont use imput help but now, i tried it.
for example: nvda says shift plus kama slash backslash etc

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

--