Re: Touchscreens?

Chris

yeah you do lose some of the touch screen functionality when using together with a screen reader
Narrator is probably the best to use in conjunction with a touch screen and gestures, but that has its own issues as youn may know

you may want to try the enhanced gestures add-on for nvda, that may improve things a bit

good luck

On 20/03/2016 15:56, rob wrote:
Hi folks

Today, I received a linx 8, windows tablet. Running windows 8.1, after getting set up with some sighted assistance to install NVDA. and before anyone says it, reading the user guide, I find myself completely lost and baffled as to how one goes about using a touchscreen with nvda.

All of the gestures mentioned in the guide, such as, two finger double tap to open the nvda menu, three finger tap to change touch modes, flicking from left to right, up/down. double tapping, fail to register. I get some information when putting my finger on a random part of the screen, or sliding around, but nothing worth mentioning.

Am I missing something, or is it just very buggy?
also, I'm using nvda 16.1

Regards

Rob