Re: MS support stopping from January

Gene

This was referring to Windows Live Mail.  Word 2003 hasn't been supported for a while.  It doesn't mean that programs will stop working.  It means that they won't receive security updates.  If some sort of malicious code in documents is found to allow Word to let in or act on that malicious code, it won't be corrected.  There are different kinds or levels of support but that is what is being discussed here and that is what I'm discussing regarding Windows Live Mail and Word 2003.  Depending on how you use Word, this may or may not matterr.  Meaning that if you only receive typical documents and are careful only to open documents from people you know are safe, you'll probably not have problems.

From: Sakina
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 8:13 AM
Subject: [nvda] MS support stopping from January

Hello david,

Pardon my ignorance. Computer I am using was set up for me a long time ago. I have a desk top original window 7

Then the sighted helper upgraded free  to window ten.

It has got Outlook and Microsoft office 2003 and google as my home page.

I just read in the below email that MS will not support anything from January and there will be no security.

Please can you advise us what we can do before January.

Is there any free support that I can use after January.

I hope I am asking the right questions.

Thank you very much.

Many regards

Sakina