Warning about emails appearing to come from list members

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This morning my main email address, not the one I'm posting from here contained lots of emails from members of this list. of course, since they all had Hi from a list member as their subject line my suspicions arose straight away. All had more or less the same txt about thanks for your help on the list, never naming the list, and asking that I view their profile on a link.
Like hell I thought. so if anyone does email me and are really from here, be sure that you use some way to be sure you are not an internet phisher-person or I'll delete it just in case.
I expect many here have had the same, but just in case, I thought it worth a mention.
I guess the scammers need Christmas presents as well....
:-)
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.