From: "Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io" <wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2016 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Open Office

I also love both LibreOffice and NVDA. I even prefer LibreOffice over MS
Office.

But when my vision got worse and I started to use NVDA, I noted many
compatibility issues. The problems are there even with successively new
versions of both softwares.
The usability is difficult and is only possible with a lot of patience.
I don't understand why this is happening, where is the open source
"spirit"? Why the developers of LibreOffice and NVDA can't work together
to solve that issues?
If I had sufficient programmin knowledge, I myself would do all possible
to help.
At the moment, all we can do is wait for better new versions and,
meanwhile, build a supply of good patience.

Em 08/12/2016 11:13, nasrin khaksar escreveu:
i realy love nvda and opensource programs.
but i wish that can use say all in using libreoffice with nvda.
do you have a solution for this?

On 12/8/16, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io
<wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, Gene,

I am aware of the F6 and ALT+TAB keys to solve some annoyances" of
LibreOffice with NVDA, but it is not the case here. My problems arise
when I want to browse large documents using the same keystrokes I use
in
HTML (H for titles work in MS Word!). The F6 is a shortcut to move
between the "structure" of the application and is not related to the
NVDA command NVDA+SPACE used to toggle between browse and edit modes,
and this is really what I want to do.

Additionally, when NVDA "freezes" with LibreOffice, using ALT+TAB will
only show me that other applications are being read normally and only
LibreOffice are stopping NVDA.

What I call "annoyances" are a series of compatibility problems between
LibreOffice and NVDA. In various messages I listed only some of them,
but as I work with very complex spreadsheets, they slow down my work.

I like LibreOffice and also like NVDA and feel very disapointed when I
have so many "annoyances" using both together.

As these are open source software, I think the developers should make
all efforts to solve the compatibility problems.

Em 07/12/2016 10:31, The Gamages escreveu:
Hello,

I can't speak for Open office or the calc spreadsheet in Libre office,
but to get over the problem of documents in writer becoming uneditable
you can press the F6 function key followed by escape, pressing Alt tab
a few times wil bring you back to an editable document as well.

Best Regards, Jim.