Re: how to use mozilla thunderbird with nvda?

mk360

But opened with firefox? or in a windows similar to firefox? note that Thunderbird works in a similar maner than firefox and the html displays are the same.

El 09/12/2016 a las 9:10, nasrin khaksar escribiĆ³:
hi every one.
thanks for your suggestions and advice.
hi gene.
thanks extremely for your link.
it was expected link that i realy need it!
i downloaded the tutorial to study it.
i made firefox as default browser and thunderbird my default email client.
but my emails were opened with firefox!

On 12/8/16, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi

the following link might help him. It can be found at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html

it makes me wonder if he is opening it in a new tab and not a new window.

the link should get him up and running and there are some views etc he
can set thunder bird to as well.

I am wondering as well is he talking about when a link is pressed on
that it is bringing it up in another browser.

He should be able to set mozilla fire fox as the default.

gene nz

On 5/12/2016 1:41 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Also, I forgot, I am using NVDA latest version 2016.3 for Thunderbird.
It works just fine.

On 12/4/2016 7:08 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hi,
thanks extremely for your detailed and great information!
i should practice them to learn them!
when i opened one message, my firefox opened it instead of my
thunderbird!
how to open them with thunderbird and set it to be easy as firefox?
i tried desabling the preference under general and unfortunately
thunderbird stors all tabs and messages which i opened previously.
besides, whats the best version in simplicity and accessibility easy
to use with nvda?
whats the best versions in this regard?
is there any advance settings that i should change like advance
settings in firefox about:config
God bless you and his infinite mercy i pray for you.

On 12/4/16, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Again,

I forgot a few important items.

You may be having confusion because of the start page issue. Under
tools/options/general, uncheck the box that says 'show the start
page in
the message area.' This way, when you launch Thunderbird, you will go
directly to your list of folder/messages.

If you receive a message with an attachment, with the message open,
press alt + M for the message item and H for the attachments item. You
will then see a bunch of choices including open (the name of the file
attachment) open all, save all and so on.

You can also use tab and shift tab to get to the attachments and use
the
right click (context menu) item, but this is a bit cumbersome, so i
prefer the former method.

Also, I find the following to work well--though a bit cumbersome when
trying to place addresses in various of the CC/BCC/To fields.

If you open a new message and back tab 8 times, you are placed in the
list of addresses in your default or main address book. If you want to
do a mass mailing, thenyou can arrow down or use first letter
navigation (which works for the address book, and select address with
the control + space bar method and then press the following keystrokes
to place large numbers of addresses into the various fields.

alt + A for To field

alt + C for CC field

alt + B for BCC field.

If you wish to place various addresses in multiple field, each time you
place them there, you will have to back tab again until you hear
'contacts, tree view.' This will place you back into the list of
addresses to continue choosing separate fields until you have completed
your list of mass addresses. It is a bit cumbersome, but unless
someone
else has figured out a better way, it is better than going directly
from
the address book and then moving around the list and right clicking and
tghen choosing write and then moving the addresses around from field to
field to that you have some in the to field, some in the cc field and
some in the bcc field.

I hope this meandering list of commands over the course of two messages
helps someone some way.

On 12/4/2016 6:10 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hello:

Thunderbird is pretty straight forward. Once you install the
program, you must set up your account. By default, after the first
installation, this screen comes up--where you enter your e-mail
address, name, server settings and so on. If for some reason, it does
not come up after the first installation, then you can find settings
for the e-mail account under the tools menu (alt +
T) and the accounting settings (press S after alt + T) item.

Once the account settings screen comes up, tab once to the account
settings button and press space bar. A context menu opens and one of
the choice is 'add e-mail account.' If you choose this item, a
standard mail configuration screen comes up and you fill in your
information.

Now here are a few settings that I prefer. Others may have different
opinions. I came from the Outlook Express experience in earlier
versions of Windows, so I set my view settings as follows.

Under the tool bars menu under view, I have menu bar and status bar
checked.

Under the layout sub menu item under view, I have the folder pain
checked and the classic view item checked. I do not have the message
pain checked. This causes problems with many screen reader users. If
this gets checked by accident, it toggles on and off with the press of
the function Key 8 on your keyboard.

Under the folder sub menu item under view, I have the all item
checked--nothing else.

Under the today pane, I have none checked--nothing else. This feature
is nice for sighted people, but it can cause issues for screen
readers.

The sort by item is up to you. I have date and ascending order
checked which places the most recent messages at the bottom of the
list in each folder.

The thread sub menu item is also personal preference but I have all
checked and then I use the command letter N when in a folder with no
open messages to unsort to read each message separately so they won't
open all at once and the letter T for setting them back to threaded so
I can do mass deletions.

Under the headers sub menu item, I have normal checked. This avoids
the full headers which take up a massive amount of space with
gibberish most people don't understand.

Under the message body as item, I have simple HTML which suffices for
most purposes.

The display attachments inline should be unchecked--otherwise files
you attach which are binary or music will create a lot of gibberish
that no one can read.

Now here are a few shortcut and hotkeys to get you started. Many of
them are similar to Outlook Express with a few notable exceptions.

To bring up the address book where you can create e-mail address and
properly send e-mail, the keystroke is control+ shift + B. From the
address book, check the various sub menus for how to create new
entries (control + N) and so on.

To start a new message from scratch without using the address book,
the keystroke is Control + N.

To reply to a message you have received the keystroke is Control + R.
If you wish to respond to everyone in the headers the keystroke is
control + shift + R.

Here's one odd one. To forward a message, press control + L. This
differs from most other Microsoft clients which use Control +

F.

Control + F is used either to find messages in a folder with no open
messages, or to find text in an open message.

To attach a file, from an open message you are writing, press control
+ shift + A. This opens a browse for folder/file dialogue where you
can move to the default folder for attachments.

Once you have completed writing a message, you can either configure
the message to be sent immediately under your account settings or you
can use the keystroke control + enter to send the message. If send
immediately is not configured, you will receive a prompt to send the
message after pressing control + enter to whcih you respond yes.

As far as navigation from folder to folder, the easiest way to do this
in my opinion is to use the Function key 6 (F6) keystroke that will
move ou from the list of messages, to the tabs to the folder list. For
example, if you are in the list of messages and you press F6, you
should go to the folder list. One important thing to remember is that
first letter navigation within the folder list is not possible for
some reason. Unlike in Outlook Express, you must use up and down
arrow keys to move from one folder to another in the tree view and
then press tab once to move to the list of messages in each folder.
That's one big drawback.

For any more settings issues, use the tools menu alt + T and choose
options. There are a bunch of settings for everything from signatures
to just how return receipts are handled. Explore these settings and
make preferred choices.

As with any new program, check under the various menus--both from the
main inbox folder and from wsithin a new message or open message to
get further tips and tricks as to how to use the program.

On 12/4/2016 2:52 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hello every one.
i tried mozilla thunderbird for the second time without any success.
i could not do anything with it.
could you please send me a link which contains complete tutorial in
using thunderbird with nvda?
thanks extremely for your help and God bless you all.
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date
with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook
by visiting
the following link
https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen reader
available by visiting the following link