Re: Development of a new braille display driver

David <trailerdavid@...>

Shyam,

Forgive me being ignorant.

Had a quick look on your website, but did end up still confused.

First of all, when is the Braille display scheduled for launched into the open market? Or, at least, what is your goal in this respect? - Not necessarily asking a specific date, but just to have a clue if this is something far into the future, or if you are rather close to a release.

Will this be a product only available in certain parts of the world, for a specified and defined group of blind people? Or, will anyone, from anywhere be allowed ordering?

I did check your "PREORDER" page. It asked me what price I would be willing to pay for the unit. Then it gave me a few choices - the highest being 25,000. Huh, 25 thousand what? Are we talking US dollars? In such a case 25 thousand US dollar, for a 20 cell display, would be totally out of dimensions. Would have been nice, had your info on the page, in clear-cut words, told us what currency we are talking, when to expect the development to be ready for release/Beta testing, and other relevant info.

Since I did not find any of this info readily available on the page, could you please come back and inform me - and the rest of the list members - the answers to these questions.

Thanks alot, and I do find it interesting to see new products hit the market. Too long, we have had too few actors in the industry, causing prices to hang on a level noone can afford from a normal budget. Welcome are good, reliable and fairly priced units, that could bring more accessibility to users around the globe.

David
On 12/10/2016 8:01 AM, Shyam Shah wrote:

Hi,
It is a 20 cell display with a perkins braille keypad. It also has cursor routing buttons and a few other navigation keys. You can check out our website: www.innovisiontech.co

regards,

Shyam
CEO of Innovision

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Buddy Brannan <buddy@...> wrote:
Now you can't just say something like that and not tell us anything about said new braille display!

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194

--