Re: Microsoft Windows 10 Mail App

Ryan Mann <rmann0581@...>

I would like this written tutorial.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 11, 2016, at 12:05 AM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Hi,

That is how NVDA works in the mail app for me as well. I am using NVDA 2016.3, have type characters on, and I can read through the message I type with the regular arrow keys, or the NVDA arrow keys. I can read it both ways. I have the latest win10 apps assentials as well. NVDA will not say what I am typing either, but that is great with me as well. NVDA is great in the entire mail app, and it will read the choices when you type in a few letters into the send to edit. I love the mail app, and use it with NVDA all of the time now. I hope it works. for all. I did a written tutorial on using the mail app if you want it.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2016 11:49 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft Windows 10 Mail App

Hi

I just tried it out with the windows mail app in windows 10.

I was able to send a new mail and reply to it then reply to that one as well.

Are you actually going into the message first or are you doing it where the list of emails are. When i go into the email read it then reply to it i when typing will not hear the letters typed but that does not worry me.

I will then use the ctrl + home key to go to the top of the page i am replying to, then use the nvda key+ down arrow to read it out.

It will also let me review it letter by letter or word by word through the email.

Out of curosity in nvda would you have speak typed character turned off and or the same with words? both of mine are on, so i guess that might be why.

I think even if they were turned off, without testing i would guess NVDA would read out the email.

maybe also the latest essential windows 10 add on might of helped.

is that where the problem lies?

Gene nz

On 9/12/2016 8:09 PM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:

With the new RC1 of NVDA, if I use CTRL+R to reply to a message, I don’t seem to be able to read it back with the arrow keys, does anyone have any ideas please?

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:
to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail

********************************************************************************************************************

-- 
<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook by visiting
the following link https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen reader available by visiting the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.