Re: about nvda and selection of documents:

Gene

I have no objection to using JARTE but if the only thing wanted is to select in this way, Wordpad is already on the machine.  JARTE is an enhanced version of Wordpad, it uses the same basic code.  And neither JARTE nor Wordpad are text editors.  They are word processors.  But you can work with text files in either one.

Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] about nvda and selection of documents:

Let me join you, please!

I have just checked both Notepad and Ted Notepad. I encounter the same
thing. But, when I select character by character, and word by word, it
is spoken, which means that NVDA is silent only when I press shift plus
down arrow.

Let me ask you to accept my suggestion.

Jarte, being a text editor, works great as far as text selection is
concerned. Find it at:

www.jarte.com