Re: about nvda and selection of documents:

Brice Mijares

Jarte is a better choice if you don't like ribbons and it can do a lot more than wordpad.

On 12/11/2016 10:03 AM, Gene wrote:
I have no objection to using JARTE but if the only thing wanted is to
select in this way, Wordpad is already on the machine. JARTE is an
enhanced version of Wordpad, it uses the same basic code. And neither
JARTE nor Wordpad are text editors. They are word processors. But you
can work with text files in either one.

*From:* Dejan Ristic <mailto:r.dejan83@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Sunday, December 11, 2016 11:50 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] about nvda and selection of documents:

Let me join you, please!

I have just checked both Notepad and Ted Notepad. I encounter the same
thing. But, when I select character by character, and word by word, it
is spoken, which means that NVDA is silent only when I press shift plus
down arrow.

Let me ask you to accept my suggestion.

Jarte, being a text editor, works great as far as text selection is
concerned. Find it at:

www.jarte.com <http://www.jarte.com>

On 12/11/2016 2:30 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
in normal selection, nvda does not read the document.
but after selection and making copy from it, with nvda+c, nvda reads
the selection which we copy.

On 12/11/16, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com <mailto:gsasner@ripco.com>> wrote:
It has become apparent that your Windows installation may have minor
problems. Have you verified that text is being selected at all? If you
move down in a document with shift down arrow and then use the read
clipboard command what do you hear? The command is NVDA key c.