Re: Backing up a Thunderbird profile, very strange problem

Thank you! I will Google that term, as if I can get that working, Brian, that would be fantastic! I really! don't wanna use that 3rd party app I was using, as I lost my key, and frankly, I really! don't feel like buying the thing again.

Chris.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Backing up a Thunderbird profile, very strange problem

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 06:05 pm, Jacques wrote:
A last note, if you are also using the flash drive for porting files between a Windows based machine and a MAC, NTFS is not an option, since MAC cannot read NTFS partitions.

Strictly speaking, this is not true.  There is now native support for NTFS (both read and write) in Mac OS that's been there for a while now but that is disabled by default.  There are also third-party tools available for earlier Mac OS versions that do not have native support for NTFS.   A quick web search on "Mac OS NTFS Support" in the search engine of your choice will bring up the information you need should you wish to enable read-write access to NTFS volumes.  Read access was available ahead of write access.

 Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902