Re: SAPI voices not speaking when I switch to them with NVDA

Pranav Lal

Hi Bobby,

Indeed, resetting windows is the nuclear option which I would rather
not have to use.

Pranav

On 12/12/16, Bobby <bvinton@optonline.net> wrote:
Well you can try resetting windows 10. One of the options is to keep
your files the second options is to wipe your hard drive and reinstall
windows. At this time I don't have any ideas. You can find all the
reset options in recovery. Good luck

On 12/11/2016 7:12 PM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi all,

When I switch to a SAPI voice like Microsoft David, I do not get any
speech
output. I suspect the problem is SAPI rather than NVDA because other
programs
that use SAPI are also not speaking. At one time, it was easy to fix such
issues
by reinstalling SAPI but SAPI 5.4 is incorporated into the operating
system.
Operating system = Windows 10 64bit build 1607
Nvda version = 2016.3
Anyone any ideas on how to troubleshoot this or who I can ask?
Pranav