All answers for those questions are there. I will not give them because it's been a longtime since I checked but I remember all was there.

Cheers,

Jorge

Às 17:53 de 12/12/2016, Gene escreveu:

I have JARTE on my machine but not a current version.  The only way to test this may be to install the current version and find out.  Or the answer may be found in a google search.  Whatever the case, I may do some checking if we don't get a definite answer from other list members.

Gene
----- original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] about nvda and selection of documents:

I am not sure about it. I also think that its work is based on an older wordpad-based platform. I mentioned Jarte yesterday because it reads all in relation to text selection. Sorry for not knowing how to answer your questions. I have explored Jarte, but not recently. I would recommend you to visit the Jarte site at:

www.jarte.com

so that you get familiar with its features.

On 12/12/2016 1:32 PM, Gene wrote:
Does JARTE in its current version read docx files?  Not using ribbons implies that it is still using the old Wordpad Code.  The old Wordpads require you to install a conversion utility to be able to read docx files.  And you can't save docx files in the docx format after you modify them.  You must save them in a different format.

The question is whether JARTE can now work with docx files fully and without the conversion utility?

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 4:56 AM

I am sure that it opens TXT documents. It opens large documents, too. As
to the rest of your questions, explore Jarte, so that you may be able to
find out whether it will meet your requirements.

There is one more thing about the programme:

When you wish to open a document, without intending to make changes to
the document, you can choose a mode called Read only, which can be
checked and/or unchecked by pressing the space bar.

How to find that option?

When you open the Jarte programme, hit control plus O to bring up the
standard open dialogue pane. Then press tab around till you hear Read
only checkbox not checked. If you wish to read without editing, check
it, so that it may be read only. I like the option so much.

You can also use Jarte to export documents in HTML and in some other
formats.

What is missing in Jarte?

You cannot read tables in Jarte.

But, if you know that they exist in your documents, try exporting them
into HTML, so that either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox can do
the job for you.

www.jarte.com