Re: Dropbox problem (with fix)

Gene

I read the help information on this subject.  It only comes up for some newer formats.  It doesn't come up for doc files.  It only comes up for file formats with an x at the end that are used in various newer Office programs.

Lots of companies cause accessibility problems that have known about accessibility for quite some time.  The right hand may not know what the left hand is doing or they may only consider accessibility once they start getting complaints.  Drop Box, to this point, has a much better record than company after company that has had previously accessible programs and their programs became completely or largely inaccessible in later versions.  How often have we discussed this problem in relation to antimalware programs?  And what about the Edge browser?  How many years did it take for Chrome to become almost fully accessible?

Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dropbox problem (with fix)

You're right of course, Gene, but it is still a major bug.  Even many sighted users, after opening a file in Word, will jump right back to the keyboard ready to type / edit etc and to have to then go back to the mouse to click in the document (assuming, of course, that you want to use the document itself rather than interacting with this dropbox badge for some reason) is, at least, annoying.  At the very least you should be able to dismiss it with say escape or something.  I guess I'm quite happy to explain accessibility to a small company to whom I will give the benefit of the doubt, of ignorance, but a company like dropbox has been around long enough that they no excuse.

Arlene, it seems to be Microsoft Office files - I'm not sure about doc rather than docx, but at a guess I'd say probably it would come up for them too?

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

Hi, is this only for windows ten? Or is this for doc files. Meaning documents.