Re: Remote NVDA relay servers?

Firstly, are you running this server yourself, and do you have root access to it?

You say it didn't work, but what happened when you tried? Do you get packet loss if you try to ping the server? Do you have DNS properly set up, not just on port 80, http, but throughout the whole server, and, finally, are you allowing both inbound and outbound traffic through the firewall, and are you allowing the correct ports to be opened on both sides to accept the NVDA remote connection? Remember that just because you have a website, doesn't mean you have all things configured to run the server. It's not quite that simple as just putting in the domain of your website and immediately expecting it to work.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:56 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Remote NVDA relay servers?

Hello,
I tried using my website brandonkeithbiggs.com as the server and it didn't work. is there something I need to do on my server to allow the connection?
Thanks,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
I believe you simply set up the relay server on an IP address which is
reachable by both clients, connect to it from each client, and then the fact
that both clients log in with the same key sets up the communication between
the two.

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.