From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: 14 December 2016 21:41
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Deleted file recovery software

Hello,

Recuva was accessible at the time I used it some years ago.

Any write operation now has the potential to clobber that file, so you better download the portable version to a thumb drive using another machine then run it.

Kind regards,

Felix Grützmacher

Gene <gsasner@...> schrieb am Mi., 14. Dez. 2016 um 19:55 Uhr:

I don't know how well Recuva works for most people.  I have had little success with it though there's no harm in trying.

However, if the files were on your machine at the time a restore point was made, if you are using the default settings, the files will be retained by shadow copy.  I won't go into how to find them in this message because I don't know how long they were on the drive nor do I know if you have System Restore active. I also don't know if the procedure is the same as mine since I don't know what version of Windows you are using.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:32 PM

Chris,

       I can't swear to accessibility on this particular program, but others by the same maker (e.g. CCleaner) are.  Have a look at Piriform.com and their Recuva utility.  It's free and you've got nothing to lose but a few minutes time by trying it.  In the case of deleted files that bypassed the Recycle Bin or have been emptied from it, the sooner you try to recover them the better.

 Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902