Re: Deleted file recovery software

hi.
download recuva
its very accessible and has wizart to teach you how to use it.
also you can try shadow explorer which works with windows vista and later.
www.piriform.com/recuva
www.shadowexplorer.com/
From time to time, Windows Vista / 7 / 8 creates point-in-time copies
of your files. This allows you to retrieve older versions from files
you accidentally deleted or altered. This service is turned on by
default on all versions of Windows Vista/7, but Microsoft grants
access to these copies only in Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise
editions. This is where ShadowExplorer comes into play.

ShadowExplorer
Since the Volume Shadow Copy Service is included, and turned on by
default, in all editions of Windows Vista / 7 / 8, why not take
advantage of it? All it takes is an additional tool like
ShadowExplorer, that can access the shadow storage and make the
point-in-time copies accessible to the user.
Features
•Show available point-in-time copies
•Browse through Shadow Copies
•Retrieve versions of files and folders
Limitations
Shadow Copies and ShadowExplorer are in no way a replacement for
regular backups! This is very important and can't be stressed enough.
A Shadow Copy is kept on the same disc as the original data. In case
of a disc failure all data is lost, including the Shadow Copies.
ShadowExplorer is a good addition to regular backups, but not a
replacement.

-

On 12/15/16, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the info re Piriform Recuva. It’s a friend of mine who’s
accidentally deleted some files. I’ve downloaded the portable version for
her and also loaded the desktop version on my own machine. I’ve had a quick
look at the interface and initial impressions re accessibility are very
favourable. I’ll report back when she has tried the recovery.

Cheers

Chris