Re: how to read arabic superscripts

Ben J. Bloomgren

Are you referring to the vowels and the other diacritics? I don't know those as superscripts, but I'm wondering if that's what you mean. Are you using a braille display?

On Dec 14, 2016, at 22:29, Umair Ijaz <umairthescholar@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear listers,
I would like to know whether there is any way to read superscript in
arabic text? the superscript which tell us how to read the word.
fatah, nasub , jur, or zair zabar, paish are the technical names of
those superscripts. I am reading Holy Quran and I am not an arabic
native so i want to occasionally know the superscripts on the words.
the sighted can see them in the text but there is no way for me to
read it. kindly tell me how may i read them. i have enabled all
punctuation but it is not reading. is there any special command for
that?
waiting anxiously. thanks.

--

www.umairijaz.com

"A Person who won't read has no advantage over who can't read"