Re: Deleted file recovery software

Gene

You are correct about Vista not making Shadow Copy available to home users except by using a third party utility.  This makes no sense but that's how it is.  But Windows 7 has no such restrictions and all versions allow the user to recover files working directly with the old versions interface.
From Wikipedia:
The "Previous Versions" feature is available in the Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions of Windows Vista[15] and in all Windows 7 editions. The Home Editions of Vista lack the "Previous Versions" feature, even though the Volume Snapshot Service is included and running. Using third-party tools it is still possible to restore previous versions of files on the local volume.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Deleted file recovery software

I don't know who says you need a third party utility to see the old files.  That is not true.  it may be easier to use the utility to get access but I can open the old version of any folder and see all the files.  I'd have to review the interface to see just how this is done, but I was able to copy a file to the current folder.  That is in Windows 7 home.  It would be completely illogical for Microsoft to have Shadow Copy and make it inaccessible to users of this or that version of Windows.

If a statement is made by someone, a program designer, or just someone discussing something, it should be treated skeptically.

Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:26 PM

hi.
download recuva
its very accessible and has wizart to teach you how to use it.
also you can try shadow explorer which works with windows vista and later.
www.piriform.com/recuva
www.shadowexplorer.com/
From time to time, Windows Vista / 7 / 8 creates point-in-time copies
of your files. This allows you to retrieve older versions from files
you accidentally deleted or altered. This service is turned on by
default on all versions of Windows Vista/7, but Microsoft grants
access to these copies only in Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise
editions. This is where ShadowExplorer comes into play.

ShadowExplorer
Since the Volume Shadow Copy Service is included, and turned on by
default, in all editions of Windows Vista / 7 / 8, why not take
advantage of it? All it takes is an additional tool like
ShadowExplorer, that can access the shadow storage and make the
point-in-time copies accessible to the user.
Features
•Show available point-in-time copies
•Browse through Shadow Copies
•Retrieve versions of files and folders
Limitations
Shadow Copies and ShadowExplorer are in no way a replacement for
regular backups! This is very important and can't be stressed enough.
A Shadow Copy is kept on the same disc as the original data. In case
of a disc failure all data is lost, including the Shadow Copies.
ShadowExplorer is a good addition to regular backups, but not a
replacement.

-

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is: