Re: changing the function key

Gene

What do these problems have to do with the function key?  If you are describing some sort of connection, it isn't clear what it is.  All that the function key problem should do is make it necessary to hold the function key when you don't want it to be active.  It reverses the way the function key usually works.  In other words, it is now off when held instead of on.  But this has no connection I can see with any problems you are describing such as running Narrator or NVDA.  You may have other problems.

Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] changing the function key

I would love to do this, but when I get passed the sign on screen nothing happens. NVDA attempts to load. Sometimes the try tone is heard and sometimes not. Narrator will not run when Windows+enter is pressed.
It looks like I am going to be out of work until I can get this fixed.

Doug

Douglas Lawlor

On Dec 15, 2016, at 6:26 PM, Melissa Jean <Melissa.J.Hammitt@...> wrote:

I do not know if this will work for you, but it worked for me. I just wanted to remap one of my keys to take the place of the application key that was not on my keyboard. I also used it to turn my calf a key into a shift key so I didn't have to make that mistake ever again.
https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/
It was really easy to figure out. Hopefully that would help.

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 15, 2016, at 5:23 PM, Robert Kingett <kingettr@...> wrote:

I have a System Model    HP 15 Notebook PC so I will do some digging. None of the CNA's and stuff are tech savy like I am so freak out when I want them to read stuff on the screen to me, such as BIOS. I will keep looking though!