Re: Reinstalling Windows 10

Well you can try a reset, to be honest though it may be time to just take your box to a shop and ask them to reformat it for you.
I still am a firm believer that a box should run the system it was designed for for best performance.
So if you ran xp on it it should run that or 7 well you get the picture.
I'd actually be wandering if you either have a virus or something or simply that your hardwre has issues and it may do.

On 16/12/2016 7:33 a.m., Douglas Lawlor wrote:
Hello Brian,
I would do this if I could, but I cannot use the system at all in it's current state. It is taking minutes for NVDA to respond to a command which should normally take milliseconds. I just don't know what to do here. I've got no sited assistance to help me which makes this problem that much more frustrating.

Doug

Douglas Lawlor
Email: douglawlor@me.com

On Dec 15, 2016, at 1:29 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Doug,

Have you considered using the Reset function under the Update & Security Settings, Recovery Pane? It wipes the existing Win10 installation and completely reinstalls the operating system but you can choose whether to keep your files (or at least the vast majority of them) or to start with an entirely clean slate. I never resort to an actual clean reinstallation of Windows 10 from external media until and unless a Reset has not solved the problem.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902