Re: changing the function key

Hmmm had this when someone mangled their user account, tried to move it to another location for their network and everything just didn't work at all!
Everything went and died, nothing worked.
I eventually was able to recreate the account, and copy everything back, then after reinstalling a few programs and killing the old account it worked, have you tried creating another account this is just weird,

On 16/12/2016 2:09 p.m., Douglas Lawlor wrote:
I would love to do this, but when I get passed the sign on screen nothing happens. NVDA attempts to load. Sometimes the try tone is heard and sometimes not. Narrator will not run when Windows+enter is pressed.
It looks like I am going to be out of work until I can get this fixed.

Doug

Douglas Lawlor
Email: douglawlor@me.com

On Dec 15, 2016, at 6:26 PM, Melissa Jean <Melissa.J.Hammitt@gmail.com> wrote:

I do not know if this will work for you, but it worked for me. I just wanted to remap one of my keys to take the place of the application key that was not on my keyboard. I also used it to turn my calf a key into a shift key so I didn't have to make that mistake ever again.
https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/
It was really easy to figure out. Hopefully that would help.

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 15, 2016, at 5:23 PM, Robert Kingett <kingettr@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a System Model HP 15 Notebook PC so I will do some digging. None of the CNA's and stuff are tech savy like I am so freak out when I want them to read stuff on the screen to me, such as BIOS. I will keep looking though!