Re: Reinstalling Windows 10

Doug Lawlor

I have a Toshiba C70 here. Are you saying that there is an accessible way to do this with a Toshiba?

Thanks, 

Doug

Douglas Lawlor

On Dec 15, 2016, at 9:07 PM, Douglas Lawlor <douglawlor@...> wrote:

I've got someone to help me fix it. It is just so frustrating when these things happen and you are down for a day until you can get someone to help you. 

Doug

Douglas Lawlor

On Dec 15, 2016, at 9:00 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I don't know enough to advise you about using an accessible reinstallation environment.  There are installation environments developed evidently by some blind users that allow you to run enough of Windows from an external source to then reinstall Windows.  they also load a screen-reader from their files, as far as I know, NVDA.  But I don't know enough about this to tell you more.  No one has said anything about this in the discussion.  perhaps they will now. 

but you will have to be able to boot from whatever medium you are using, such as a thumb drive and I have no idea what sources the computer currently looks at when booting. 

gene
----- Originaal Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reinstalling Windows 10

Well you can try a reset, to be honest though it may be time to just
take your box to a shop and ask them to reformat it for you.
I still am a firm believer that a box should run the system it was
designed for for best performance.
So if you ran xp on it it should run that or 7 well you get the picture.
I'd actually be wandering if you either have a virus or something or
simply that your hardwre has issues and it may do.

On 16/12/2016 7:33 a.m., Douglas Lawlor wrote:
> Hello Brian,
> I would do this if I could, but I cannot use the system at all in it's current state. It is taking minutes for NVDA to respond to a command which should normally take milliseconds. I just don't know what to do here. I've got no sited assistance to help me which makes this problem that much more frustrating.
>
> Doug
>
>
> Douglas Lawlor
> Email: douglawlor@...
>
>
>> On Dec 15, 2016, at 1:29 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
>>
>> Doug,
>>
>>           Have you considered using the Reset function under the Update & Security Settings, Recovery Pane?   It wipes the existing Win10 installation and completely reinstalls the operating system but you can choose whether to keep your files (or at least the vast majority of them) or to start with an entirely clean slate.  I never resort to an actual clean reinstallation of Windows 10 from external media until and unless a Reset has not solved the problem.
>> --
>> Brian
>>
>>  Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
>>
>>          ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.