Re: Reinstalling Windows 10

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Sorry i can not help you there..

There is contact details for the person on the page that could give you more information.

When i listened to a earlier version of the windows PE it if i remember right was from a clean install.

there are other utilities in the program that can do different things, but have not put it to a test the way you said.

I couldive used this program a month ago when my hard drive died, but i had not burned the image to a disk at that time so i could do it.

can you not roll back a period of time? if i get into trouble very rare and can not be fixed or it goes weird etc if i can not fix it then i will roll it back and the problem goes away.

I also take note of what the program caused the problem if i can.

Gene nz

On 16/12/2016 3:29 PM, Douglas Lawlor wrote:
HI Gene,

Thank you for this. I have an image that I made using the backup option in the control panel. I forget what the actual name of the system utility I used but I think it was Windows backup. Can I use your environment to restore this type of an image?

Thanks again,

Doug

Douglas Lawlor

On Dec 15, 2016, at 9:16 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi

the package Gene is talking about can be found off my nvda tutorials for other programs page at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

The heading you are looking for is Windows 10 PE (Preinstallation Environment) enabling independent Windows installation for blind users

usually your first boot device is a Cd so if a CD version is done you should be right. otherwise if your pc supports usb boot and it is set you can do it that way, but usually not set in a bios.

Gene nz

On 16/12/2016 3:00 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know enough to advise you about using an accessible reinstallation environment.  There are installation environments developed evidently by some blind users that allow you to run enough of Windows from an external source to then reinstall Windows.  they also load a screen-reader from their files, as far as I know, NVDA.  But I don't know enough about this to tell you more.  No one has said anything about this in the discussion.  perhaps they will now.

but you will have to be able to boot from whatever medium you are using, such as a thumb drive and I have no idea what sources the computer currently looks at when booting.

gene