Re: Donating During Update

Jacques <lists4js@...>

Hi David

I have a monthly donation set up, so usually choose the "do not donate at this time" option, or something along those lines when downloading an update. Since the donation options are radio buttons, When in browse mode, using r and shift+r moves between the donation options. I think this makes for easier navigation and will read only the option you are on at any given time.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Jacques

On 16 Dec 2016 10:24, David Griffith wrote:
I wonder if the donation page during update could be looked at an
simplified.

On Firefox the donation options are not read as discrete options
unless you use control keys with arrow keys, and to my deaf ears at
leazst it is confusing as all the suggested amounts of donations are
initially read out as a single strihng which is a little overwhelming
and scary as some of the suggested amounts are pretty considerable.

To my ears at least the check box for the amount is not clear – does it
relate to the amount before or after the amount etc.

It is a little anxiety making and does not feel quite safe and the worry
is that you are to donate an amount you cannot afford.

More importantly on a couple of occasion this has meant I have checked
the wrong amount when trying to donate and again on my system once a
check box is check is seems impossible to uncheck it. Pressing space or
enter does not seem possible to amend this once it has been entered.

This has twice meant that I have pulled out of the donation page when I
genuinely wanted to donate.

The behaviour of the page which would feel safe to me would be to cursor
down and hear each donation option as a separate option with a clear
safe option to check or uncheck the amount you are committing, rather
than only being able to review by hearing whole sections of the page
read out.

My inability to complete this page is probably down to my own ineptitude
and user error but I would have thought that a donation page at least
should be ultra straightforward and easy to complete.

Just a suggestions.

David Griffith

Windows 10