Re: Donating During Update

I second this

On 12/16/2016 2:24 AM, David Griffith wrote:

I wonder if the donation page during update could be looked at an simplified.

On Firefox the donation options are not read as discrete options   unless you use control keys with arrow keys, and to my deaf ears at leazst it is confusing as all the suggested amounts of donations are initially read out as a single strihng  which is a little overwhelming and scary as some of the suggested amounts are pretty considerable.

To my ears at least the check box for the amount is not clear – does it relate to the amount before or after the amount etc.

It is a little anxiety making and does not feel quite safe and the worry is that you are to donate an amount you cannot afford.

More importantly on a couple of occasion  this has meant I have checked the wrong amount when trying to donate  and again on my system once a check box is check is seems impossible to uncheck it. Pressing space or enter does not seem possible to amend this once it has been entered.

This has twice meant that I have pulled out of the donation page when I genuinely wanted to donate.

The behaviour of the page which would feel safe to me would be to cursor down and hear each donation option as a separate option  with a clear safe option to check or uncheck the amount you are committing, rather than only being able to review by hearing whole sections of the page read out.

My inability to complete this page is probably down to my own ineptitude  and user error but I would have thought that a donation page at least should be ultra straightforward and easy to complete.

Just a suggestions.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10