Re: Donating During Update

Gene

I just checked further.  If you use the letter r, each item will be read individually.  If you up and down arrow, the entire list of donations will be read from where you are to the end every time you down arrow.  This, obviously should be changed.  So the page can be significantly improved in that way.  The reason I didn't hafve this problem is because I had use screen layout if supported turned off in my NVDA.  If this is the setting used, down arrowing works properly.  Just one more reason to have this setting off by default.  My recollection is that is on by default.  That's a really bad default setting.  New or inexperienced users won't even know such a setting exists.

It might still be worth considering having a page explaining the use of radio buttons, as I suggested in a previous message.  But new or unknowledgeable users should have the most web pages presented in the most useable manner and that is to have use screen layout if supported off by default.

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Donating During Update

Thanks for raising this, I'll look into it.

Kind regards

Quentin

On 16 Dec. 2016 10:09 pm, "Brian's Mail list account" <bglists@...> wrote:
Yes this has been a bit odd for some time. Somebody told me that you can sort it a bit by changing the way the page is shown to you in one of the settings, but I forgot which one now.
You should be ok if you are careful as you cannot spend anything until the end in any case.
I'll be doing mine when I get a quiet period, indeed I was never asked at update time so I'll need to do it via the menu in any case.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-