locked Re: test please read

Gene

I just saw the message where the person says he/she is now receiving list mail.  In this case, I evidently was wrong and the person did see the messages answering the original on list.  I still think, in general, it is illogical to answer on list when someone states that they are not receiving list mail.

Gene

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] test please read

The original message specifically said that he was not receiving list mail.  If that statement is accurate, then no amount of replies on list would reach him.  If someone wants to tell the person that his message reached the list, replying off list would be the logical thing to do.

I'm simply pointing out that when someone specifically says that they are not receiving list mail, the logical way to respond is to reply off list tlo the person.
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 6:47 AM

Hi,

I would guess he wants to be pretty sure at least a message has been
sent, and he might not be sure with his own mail as some mailing lists
don't send back your own messages.
I'd assume it'd be best to check the archives to see what was sent and
when, but he might not know avout thet, have difficulties with the
website, not thought of it, etc.

-- Patrick.