Re: Someone got access to my computer

David Moore

Hi Shaun,

Thanks a lot, I changed my passwords, and I have a lot more of them saved in a document. I am much more prepared, and will not fall for these scams again LOLOL! Thanks for all of your support. I really appreciate it.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 11:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Someone got access to my computer

Well I'd change passwords to, articles you get say you should reformat

and also reformat all the computers in your house and change all

passwords and such but as long as you didn't pay well.

On 17/12/2016 1:56 p.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

> I'd still have the computer checked by a professional.

> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore

> Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 4:44 PM

> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [nvda] Someone got access to my computer

> Thanks a lot!

> Hit Man pro says no threats. Is that a good sign?

> David Moore

> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10

> From: Matt Turner <mailto:meturner2214@...>

> Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 6:46 PM

> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

> Subject: Re: [nvda] Someone got access to my computer

> Hi, here you go.

> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/disability-answer-desk

> On 12/16/2016 6:42 PM, Arlene wrote:

> That sounds like a scam! Microsoft doesn’t call you not unless you call them.  if you have a friend you trust and is computer sabby let him have at it.  I hope someone gives you the disability access to Microsoft. If you and your wife know someone who wont charge you they can look at it. Fix it so he can’t get in.

> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>  [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore

> Sent: December-16-16 3:36 PM

> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

> Subject: [nvda] Someone got access to my computer

> Hi guys,

> I will give you a quick over view and ask some very important questions. Here it is:

> Well, I typed in a web site, and my small laptop started talking in a different voice saying to call a number from Microsoft before turning off my computer. It gave a number that sounded a lot like microsoft. I called and my wife let them have access, to my computer by typing in a number and other info. and he would not say what company he was from, but he said he was a third party working with Microsoft. He began drawing lines on my screen, and told my wife that I had to pay money to clean my computer from this virus. My wife told him that she was calling the police, and he hung up. However, he was still connected to my computer. I did a quick scan with Windows defender, and it said that I have no problems. I clicked off of all of what he had on the screen. Can he get back into my computer at any time? Could there be a virus still on my computer? What is the number to Microsoft accessability? I called a Microsoft number, and they said they were the geek squad and I would have to pay for them to do anything, but yet he said it was Microsoft. What should I do now?

> Take care, guys, I am still shaken up. I would had just blown it off, but the message that came up said Microsoft, and it was one number off from a Microsoft sales number.

> David Moore

> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.