I tend to agree that it was system specific. I frequently encode and decode in GoldWave. Nonetheless, I apreciate any and all feedback.

Keep well.
Jacques

On 18 Dec 2016 17:25, Dan Kerstetter wrote:
Perhaps it was a problem specific to my system. I was also using GoldWave. The files could be edited but not saved.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacques
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2016 10:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] soundcard add on

Hi Dan

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had in this regard, it leaves me frowning though. No part of Stascom interferes on that level. You didn't mention which sound editing tools you're using. Although I'm not a professional sound engineer, I often enough to sound editing in GoldWave, including conversion between formats. It would be interesting to know what caused this problem on your system.

If you would like to give me more specific detail, please contact me via the contact options in the user guide or program menu. I'm happy to discuss it publicly, but not all people on the list will be interested in the topic.

Thanks.

Jacques

On 18 Dec 2016 17:11, Dan Kerstetter wrote:
I would like to add a word of caution about using this program suite.
IThink it's a wonderful set of utilities, but I had to remove it because, with the program installed, I couldn't work on sound editing projects and save them. Apparently, it was interfering with the encoding and decoding process.