Re: re i am new to nvda can someone help?

hi.
press nvda+control+s to list the synthesizers.
then, press e or home to find espeak ng!
good luck.

On 12/20/16, Dejan Ristic <r.dejan83@...> wrote:
Let others express themselves, too.

On 12/19/2016 10:40 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:

Let me join the conversation once more.

When the synthesizer dialogue is open, tab once to check which of the
offered output devices is active. I do not say that it may be a
problem, but I simply want to help. On laptops, when no headset is
plugged in, you may choose between Microsoft sound mapper and
speakers. But, when a headset is pluged in, there's the third device
called Headphones.

I hope that your NVDA will start working for you.

If you follow Dejan's suggestion, after pressing NVDA+control+s, "No
speech" is the last option as you down arrow, so you could up arrow
to get to something else. The first option is "eSpeak NG". Often
not the favourite voice, but it should certainly speak.

The other way of resetting is to press NVDA+control+r three times
quickly, which resets everything in NVDA to factory defaults.

Note that the NVDA key is usually insert, particularly on desktops,
and may be caps lock, particularly on laptops).

If you have several programs which use speech installed, you may have
other synthesizers. It is best to avoid trying to choose those in
NVDA unless you are sure they will work with it, as sometimes
commercial programs will restrict the synthesizers you buy with them
to only work with them.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:14 AM, Dejan Ristic <r.dejan83@...
<mailto:r.dejan83@...>> wrote:

It may be that your synthesizer is set to the No speech option.

To check it, press: nvda PLUS CONTROL PLUS S. The synthesizer
dialogue should appear. Try to find, for instance, ESpeak NG, and
then press enter to try to make it speak.

NOTE:

If you are unable to do it yourself, either bring up another
screen reader to assist you, or some sighted assistance.

Never have more than one screen reader turned on when you start
your computer. They may have a conflict.
On 12/19/2016 10:05 AM, stewartross wrote:
hi i wonder if someone out there could help me
wenever i try to load nvda, i can't get the voice to work.
i thought i would install nvda, to see what is like also
as my jaws keeps crashing wen i am running outlook express seven
with wiindows seven.
many thanks
from stewart
from the ross meister
www.laserhothits.co.uk <http://www.laserhothits.co.uk>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Twitter: @NVAccess

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org