Re: how to read arabic superscripts

Umair Ijaz <umairthescholar@...>

Yes, I am referring to those diacritics which serve as vowel sounds. I
am not using braille display.
Yes, I was using notepad. thanks for the suggestion I tried ms word
that's better! now it pronounces the letters with the diacritic mark
on it. I want to know that is it possible to read only the diacritic
symbol with any key? or instead of saying "bee" can it pronounce "bay
zair" or "bay nasub" etc to show that the sound is of high or low one.

On 12/15/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hello.
in which program do you mean?
you can read diacrritics in arabic for many programs by left and right
arrow keys like letters.
i mean that you can use microsoft office word, wordpad, notepad++,
firefox and internet explorer both letters and diacritics by left and
right arrow keys.
but unfortunately, using windows notepad, libreoffice and openoffice,
you cant read diacritics by left and right arrow keys and only letters
are accessible.

On 12/15/16, Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
Are you referring to the vowels and the other diacritics? I don't know
those
as superscripts, but I'm wondering if that's what you mean. Are you using
braille display?

On Dec 14, 2016, at 22:29, Umair Ijaz <umairthescholar@...> wrote:

Dear listers,
I would like to know whether there is any way to read superscript in
arabic text? the superscript which tell us how to read the word.
fatah, nasub , jur, or zair zabar, paish are the technical names of
those superscripts. I am reading Holy Quran and I am not an arabic
native so i want to occasionally know the superscripts on the words.
the sighted can see them in the text but there is no way for me to
read it. kindly tell me how may i read them. i have enabled all
punctuation but it is not reading. is there any special command for
that?
waiting anxiously. thanks.

--

www.umairijaz.com

"A Person who won't read has no advantage over who can't read"

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org