Re: Online Audio Player

Gene

As it turns out, you can move around.  When the file starts to play, go into focus mode with NVDA key space bar and then use the left arrow key to move back and the right arrow key to move forward.  Also, you may use the space bar to pause or resume play.  You don't have to move to the buttons or the slider.  You may use these commands after you switch to focus mode without looking for controls or moving anywhere.

Also, my instructions for saving the file that is playing will work with Firefox.

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:21 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Online Audio Player

Since the link you sent appears to be to an mp3 file that streams from the site, I doubt you can move around.  I'll test it later and write again.  But since the link is to an mp3 file, you may be able to save the book and read it off site in the player you wish.

Try the following:
Once the book starts to be read, use the command control s.  If a save dialog comes up, save the file.  then try playing it on your computer.
Newer versions of browsers are often designed to play mp3 files in the browser but they may allow you to save the actual file in this way.

Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 6:36 AM
Subject: [nvda] Online Audio Player

Hi folks,

Maybe someone can help me with the following:

Using Windows 10 and Mozilla Firefox, I am reading an audio online book at http://www.ccel.org/ccel/calvin/institutes/mp3. In the table, I click on one of the files and a player comes up and reads the audio. I imagine the player is embedded in the site, but I don't know that for sure, nor whether it behaves differently with different browsers. I am just wondering if there is a way for me to use NVDA to easily go back and forth in the slider in order to start listening at different points, rather than only from the beginning or the middle.

Regards,
Ralph