Re: Online Audio Player

Dejan Ristic

Try to set NVDA to focus mode, so that you may be able to use the arrow keys to skip backwards and forwards. Use tab and shift plus tab to try to walk through the player options (if any). If you are able to walk through the player interface by means of the NVDA browse mode, and if you run into "Embedded object", press the space bar on it so that it is activated and/or focused. See if it might be a solution. If you are at the very top of the player section being in the browse mode, press the letter O to try to find "Embedded object" as easily as possible. If you succeed, then activate the focuse mode mentioned above, and then try to walk through the player options.

One more thing:

If you have VLC Media Player installed on your machine, try the following:

Open the programme. Then press alt to open media menu. Arrow down to find a submenu called Open location from clipboard. But, before doing it, you must have the link of an audio book you may be listening to ready in the clipboard, which you then paste into the mentioned submenu. After pasting it, tab once to choose the play option which is activated by pressing either space or enter. VLC can help you in skipping through the files.

Good luck to you!

On 12/20/2016 1:36 PM, Ralph Boersema wrote:
Hi folks,

Maybe someone can help me with the following:

Using Windows 10 and Mozilla Firefox, I am reading an audio online book at http://www.ccel.org/ccel/calvin/institutes/mp3. In the table, I click on one of the files and a player comes up and reads the audio. I imagine the player is embedded in the site, but I don't know that for sure, nor whether it behaves differently with different browsers. I am just wondering if there is a way for me to use NVDA to easily go back and forth in the slider in order to start listening at different points, rather than only from the beginning or the middle.

Regards,
Ralph

.