KeyBoard Nonresponsive On Win10 Machine After Installing NVDA2016.1

James Robinson

Hello List!

After installing NVDA2016.1 on my Win10 Machine, my keyboard has somehow become nonresponsive, but my mouse still works; I can move the mouse around and eventually the system will say “logon screen stuff and edit in the voice of my default screenreader; could I have accidentally turned something off or muted my system; I tried a second keyboard by changing the wireless device USB and trying its accompanying keyboard and mouse and the problem persists; and anyway I hope someone has some idea of what is happening to my system and can give me some suggestions on what to do to try to solve it.

One additional thing:  The shortcut combo of “CTRL+ALT+N is also the system shortcut for the SAmNet Systemt; I switched the shortcut for the Samnet program to another shortcut key but NVDA’s shortcut still does not work; should I re-enter the NVDA shortcut and see if it works.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

James Arthur Robinson, Sr., President
Jardata Corporation