From: "Brian Vogel" <@britechguy>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Configuration menu

Clive,

NVDA defaults (or always has in my experience) to desktop keyboard layout since the vast majority of laptops now have number pads as part of their keyboards. As Gene has already noted, you will use Insert as the NVDA key until you change your keyboard layout to Laptop, after which it will by the Caps Lock that you're used to.

As Gene also noted, if the keyboard on your machine actually has a "hard" insert key you can use that. Number Pad zero, when number lock is off, has been the "soft" insert key on every machine I've touched in years (though I'm certain that out there, somewhere, is a keyboard layout that doesn't use it).
--
*Brian*

* Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from * *insufficient premises.*

* ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902*