locked Re: trying to find my gmail account in the webbie browser

Ron Canazzi

What a generalization you make about blind people!  I've seen you do this on several lists!

Isn't this a bit self righteous?  You should be thanking God you had good parents who taught you how to cope.  You also must remember that you are _not_ Jesus and adhere to one of the platitudes of the Sermon On The Mount: "Judge not that ye be not Judged."

On 12/22/2016 4:30 AM, David Moore wrote:

Hi all,

I am sorry for coming across unlike Jesus would do. I am blind, and I have worked all of my life to try to be sighted and be like a sighted person, because they are the majority. My parents, when I was little, made me say the word see, and I am thankful they did. Admitting you are blind, and laughing and coping with your blindness is one thing, but expecting the world to pad its cornors for you, is just not my way of looking at things. I have had a harder time dealing with people who have always been blind, much more than being around the sighted. I was just taught to live in the sighted world, just the way it is and expect nothing different just because you are blind. I went to a regular public school, went to college and delt with everything on my own, so I just have a really dificult time knowing how to act with blind people who expect everything to be "Blind" for them. I am so sorry.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 7:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] trying to find my gmail account in the webbie browser

Brian,

        Contrary to your assertion,"if someone can make another brouser like that we might change but not until" it's time you figured out that you, like all others, actually have to deal with technological advances (and, sometimes, from a practical standpoint, they're more like regressions) just like the rest of us.

        You can easily follow downloads progress, including with NVDA, and particularly with the Golden Cursor add-on installed, using the download manager of virtually any web browser you can name.  I just tried downloading a massive PDF file I have on my Google drive and I can down-arrow on to the download status and have it read precisely where the download is and the total amount to be downloaded under Chrome.  If I wish to keep monitoring I have to up arrow/down arrow to get the status read again.  I almost never monitor download status for large files because I can check in download manager (CTRL+J in most web browsers) after the fact to see if the file did succeed in downloading or that it failed.

         As to your fiat that "you should not need any add-ons to do this" well, good luck with that.  Developers are going to do what they wish to do and what's most efficient for them.  You are one of many, many customers.  It is actually up to you to figure out, or to ask others, how something you might want to do can be done, not demand that people who don't even know you do things in the way you prefer.

         A big attitude adjustment, and acceptance of how the real world works, appears to be in order here.  Shooting me because I'm the messenger telling you something that's true, but that you don't want to hear, isn't helping you or anyone else, either.

 Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"