Re: Push to talk, was Re: [nvda] starting NVDA

Brian's Mail list account

From memory its a bit of team talk that allows you only to be heard on the conference call when you press it to talk.
Erm, not used it very much but ef everyone had their mics open all the time it might start to sound a bit like a cattle market or feed back.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

From: "John Sanfilippo" <johnsanfilippo@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:38 PM
Subject: Push to talk, was Re: [nvda] starting NVDA

Hi,

Might you tell me what "push to talk" is and how it is used?

Thanks, sorry for the inrreuption.

John S

On 12/22/16 16:36, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello,

TeamTalk is one that does distinguish between them, I believe that
TeamSpeak does as well when mapping out keys for push to talk.

Thanks.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 2:56 PM Gene <gsasner@...
<mailto:gsasner@...>> wrote:

__
I expect there are some cases, I don't know where, where a left or
right modifier is required. If you turn on input help in NVDA and
press modifiers, you will hear them distinguished such as right
shift and left shift. If NVDA is aware of which modifier is being
used, then presumably, programmers can designate that a specific
modifier be used. But I can't recall ever seeing this done in any
program.