Re: starting NVDA

Gene

I doubt your generalization about using other screen-readers is correct.  You often appear to report behavior on your machines and generalize it as being general.  Performance issues are often not generalizable from one or two or three machines.  I have A Window-eyes demo, a JAWS demo and at times I use System Access to Go.  At no time, does using a different screen-reader, then unloading it and returning to NVDA cause any problems on any of my machines and I have never seen any reports of such a problem before now.

Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2016 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] starting NVDA

Well,  it certainly needs some investigation, but I do know one thing. the
use of other synts than Espeak has become a bit more touchy. whether this is
just because windows itself updates have changed things or if its some
subtle nvda issue and hard or software is not clear. One would need to
remove the whole nvda code and its settings and install an older copy of
nvda. My suspicion is that this will still produce issues on a machine which
did so with the new versions.
 We must declare here that anyone using some old illegal version of
Eloquence will have issues, due to the hacked way that driver was made not
conforming well to the current system.

Another issue some seem to have is that if another screenreader is also on
the system, even if its supposed to be closed, quite often they leave bits
of themselves hooked in that can cause unpredictable results.
 If you can duplicate the effect by certain steps every time then it may
well be worth setting log levels to input output or debug and  then when you
do get a new copy to run, grab a copy of the old log file and  let the
development group have a look at it. It might show the smoking gun, but
unless  others can actually get it to do it, its going to be hard to find as
i am sure you can appreciate.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.