Re: KeyBoard Nonresponsive On Win10 Machine After Installing NVDA2016.1

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

sometimes deu to some unknown reason the login screen gets stuck even
after entering the proper password if you have already not then try
restarting the system.
if the problem doesnt solve then after nvda starts press windows enter
and narrator should start once narrator starts you will see the
keyboard become responsive.
press windows enter again to stop narrator and login
some times nvda doesnt read the contents of the login screen it is
only when you move the mouse or start narrator nvda starts reading.

hmm that shouldn't hhappen, you may need sighted help to login and
restore then try again.
Have you tried a regular keyboard.
Have you tried your keyboard and mouse on another system?
Is that system the mouse the keyboard the boards, are they wireless?
Batteries in that case its why I eventually abandoned wireless boards.
The os is not working, try getting it fixed.

On 22/03/2016 11:51 a.m., James Robinson wrote:
Hello List!

After installing NVDA2016.1 on my Win10 Machine, my keyboard has somehow
become nonresponsive, but my mouse still works; I can move the mouse
around and eventually the system will say “logon screen stuff and edit in
the voice of my default screenreader; could I have accidentally turned
something off or muted my system; I tried a second keyboard by changing
the wireless device USB and trying its accompanying keyboard and mouse and
the problem persists; and anyway I hope someone has some idea of what is
happening to my system and can give me some suggestions on what to do to
try to solve it.

One additional thing: The shortcut combo of “CTRL+ALT+N is also the
system shortcut for the SAmNet Systemt; I switched the shortcut for the
Samnet program to another shortcut key but NVDA’s shortcut still does not
work; should I re-enter the NVDA shortcut and see if it works.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

James Arthur Robinson, Sr., President
Jardata Corporation