Re: showing read and replied in thunderbird

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Rosemarie

This i just copied from off my accessible email client mozilla thunder
bird page.

The directions are what to do below

How to show or hide columns in your Mozilla Thunderbird email header
When you first download a copy of Mozilla Thunderbird and set it up,
your messages will go to your inbox. The information being read out will
be in the column headers (for example the time, subject, etcetera).
These will be set to a default, which is read out by NVDA. To add in
extra columns or hide them, locate your inbox, then tab into it. Here is
where your messages are and you could arrow up and down these messages.
If you choose the first message, make sure your review cursor is set to
simple review mode. This menu can be found under the NVDA preferences
section called review cursor menu. This box will need to be checked.
Next, you will need to go into object navigation mode in NVDA. Use the
NVDA key + the number 1 on the numeric keypad to do this.
Next, you will need to use the NVDA key + the number 4 on the numeric
keypad. You will need to do this until you hear NVDA say select columns
to display button. When you hear NVDA say this, press the NVDA key + the
Enter key on the numeric keypad. A menu will drop down and here you can
arrow down and up the list. The columns that are checked are the ones
you hear in the column header being read out. The ones that are not
checked are not read out. If unchecked, and you want it to be read out,
press the Enter key on it to check it. If it is checked and you do not
want it to be read out, press the Enter key on it to uncheck it. The
above process will need to be done each time for each column you want to
show or hide.
So, if I wanted NVDA to tell me when I have read emails, have unread
emails, attachments, or the status of an email, I would make sure these
are checked. If the status one is done as well, it will tell you when
they are forwarded, replied to and so on.

More information on dragging and dropping those columns can be found
just under it on that page at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html
I think there is a audio tutorial there to.

Hope it helps.

gene nz

Hi, everyone,

I forgot how to show that messages are read and replied to in
thunderbird. I tried NVDA key and numpad 1 and NVDA 4 but forgot what
else to do.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie