Hello all, I am having a strange problem here. I'm sure it
is related to the Fastboot option in Windows 10 but I'll be
dammed if I know how to fix this one. What happened? I did a
restart and the best way I can describe is the computer half
booted and seems to be stuck in hybronation mode.
Here are the symptoms I can see.
1. Pressing the power button powers on the machine.
2. I can hear the hard disk being accessed for a few seconds
that access stops.
3. NVDA seems to be active. When I press the Capslock key NVDA
will indicate if the capslock key is on or off.
4. Pressing NVDA+t to read the title of the window results in
5. Pressing NVDA+Keypad4 and NVDA+Keypad 6 announces "Desktop
in object review mode.
6. Pressing the power button to shut down instantly shuts
7. Holding down the power button for 8 seconds results in the
same. The machine instantly shuts down.
Taking a picture of the screen using KNFB Reader I get enough
information to see that the Windows 10 lock screen is displayed.
Pressing any key to display the password box results in
9. I cannot reboot to a USB boot disk even though I have the
boot order set to USB first.
Has anyone else had this happen to them and what did they do
about it? I found an article that talks about a hybronation file
in a directory on the hard disk. The only thing I can think to
do is to remove the hard drive and do a clean install again.
Thanks for my rant this morning.