Re: Libre office and NVDA

Gene

I had the impression from earlier messages that your problems were mainly performance problems such as freezes.  However, since you were more specific in later messages, some of your problems appear to be caused by incomplete accessibility and are in a different category than performance.  We'll see how the discussion develops but my comments were only meant to apply to performance.

Sent: Monday, January 02, 2017 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Libre office and NVDA

I am not having these problems in only one computer, version or operating system...

I have problems in two different computers, In versions of NVDA from 2015.1 and Libreoffice since version 4and, last but not least, in both Windows XP and 7.

To me it seems that the slower the computer, greater are the annoyances.

Em 02/01/2017 12:29, Gene escreveu:
You can't conclude anything based on one use with one computer.  That's why beta testing is done by a lot of people on a lot of different machines.  All we can say is that you have problems on the machine you use with that combination of software.  Since others like using this combination and don't complain of such problems, it is likely that either the problems you describe are your specific problems and not general or that they affect only a small number of users.  But generalizing about performance problems from one person's experience is not valid.
There is nothing wrong with describing your problems and saying that that is your experience, but generalizing is not valid.