Re: off topic: using audacity to merge two files

Roger Stewart

Easiest way to do this is with a little free one called Merge mp3.  It will do just that--let you merge one file onto another either at the beginning or at the end however you like. You can even merge several files in the order you like into one file.  I use it to fix certain albums that would sound weird if I played them as they come as separate files and join them all in order into one file and then it sounds perfect when played this way.

Roger

On 1/2/2017 3:05 PM, Governor staten wrote:

That's not what I wanted to do. I wanted to take one file and append, or paste it onto the end of another file.

I did obtain good advice on how to do this from the audacity blind mailing list. I got two responses there, and one of them was simple. It also worked. :)

On 1/2/2017 9:31 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
I assume you would like to merge two audio files such that the result plays them simultaneously.
1. Open Audacity. An empty project will be shown without any tracks.
2. Press ctrl+shift+i to import a sound file. Do this repeatedly for every file you would like to merge. Every imported file will appear in the project as a separate track.
3. Save.
4. Export.
Kind regards,
Felix Grützmacher

Governor staten <govsta@...> schrieb am So., 1. Jan. 2017 um 23:01 Uhr:

Hello guys. I could use the assistance of any audacity users out there. I have two files that I want to make one file. How, with speech, would I go about doing this? It's something fairly simple, I"m sure.