Re: LibreOffice Writer Annoyances - The beginning

hello walmir.
i completely agree with you.
when someone selects his her screen reader opensource, for sure should
select the office program opensource too!
and for me for example: wish that have all my programs opensource!
i believe the idea of opensource, have faith itn it and completely admire it.

On 1/3/17, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hello evry one.
carlos is it possible to microsoft gives there code to nvda developers
to make it better accessible with nvda?
i did not know this.
if its so, how it is possible because microsoft office is a commercial
product not opensource!

Ideally, we would love to be able to support every piece of software
possible. Indeed, as noted, there is a strong argument for supporting
accessibility in other open source projects. The main issue from NV
Access' point of view really is our own limited resources. Therefore, we
need to prioritise the work we can do to try and have the most positive
effect on the largest number of users. We are certainly not unaware that
NVDA's capabilities in Libre Office and Open Office are not where anyone
would like them to be at.

What I would say in order to facilitate work on Libre or Open Office,
would
be to file issues on GitHub https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues and
include as much useful detail as possible. If anyone has any contacts
within the Libre or Open Office developers who would be interested in
starting a dialogue on improving accessibility (there are, of course,
things that can be done from both sides to provide a more accessible
experience for users), do feel free to get them in touch with us as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 7:03 AM, Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>
wrote:

The below statement makes no sense. Librioffice code is already
available
for anyone to inspect, NVDA developers included. Saying that
librioffice
needs to give their code to NVDA developers if they want it to be more
compatible is a spurious argument. It's opensource, that means anybody
can
inspect the code at any time, it has nothing to do with giving anybody
anything. I have no idea if ms actually gave code to office to nvda
developers, but I'd tend to doubt it. It seems to me, that you have
things
backwards in this scenario.

I'm not addressing the business/home usage case, only the source code
availability argument.

On 1/2/2017 2:04 PM, Carlos wrote:

If Libre Office wants to be compatible with NVDA they should give NVDA
developers their code to inspect and study. MS Office has done so for
NVDA
developers and it has made it possible for NVDA to work very well with
MS
Office!

--
Quentin Christensen