From: nasrin khaksar
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2017 9:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.3/4 won't run

hi.
but also i read many times in this list that AVG stopps nvda from
working and block it.
you need a sighted person to help you for make nvda trustworthy for AVG.

On 1/3/17, Luther Fuller <theheathbar123@gmail.com> wrote:
No, AVG has never blocked NVDA. I just tried closing AVG and running
the portable copy again, and got the same result as before. By
"problems with AVG" I meant that AVG itself isn't working properly.
Even if AVG had tried to block NVDA, it probably would have warned me
not to download the installer, which didn't happen (see the first
message in this thread for details).

--Luther

On 1/2/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:
Hi gene

That is really weird.

I think i read he used AVG on his computer and some times AVG would stop
nvda from been install onto his pc. I have had that and the way was
either
turn off AVG while it was been installed then turning it back on after
wards
or make a exception for it as it would see it as a virus. It only
happened
once or twice. maybe food for thought for him to check out as well.

Gene nz

On 2/01/2017 8:19 PM, Gene wrote:
The message said that neither installing nore trying the portable
version
was successful. An older installed version works.