just do a alt tab sometimes nvda focuses on a touchpad driver window
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
and doesnt show the lock screen
On 1/2/17, Louis Maher <email@example.com> wrote:
If you have a touch sensitive screen, you can do this:
First, turn on narrator (windows key + enter).
Two, if you have a touch screen, you can run your finger around the screen
to try and highlight the password field.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Douglas
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2017 8:28 AM
Subject: [nvda] Something strange going on with Windows 10. Machine seems to
be in a state of hybronation
Hello all, I am having a strange problem here. I'm sure it is related to
the Fastboot option in Windows 10 but I'll be dammed if I know how to fix
this one. What happened? I did a restart and the best way I can describe
is the computer half booted and seems to be stuck in hybronation mode.
Here are the symptoms I can see.
1. Pressing the power button powers on the machine.
2. I can hear the hard disk being accessed for a few seconds that access
3. NVDA seems to be active. When I press the Capslock key NVDA will indicate
if the capslock key is on or off.
4. Pressing NVDA+t to read the title of the window results in nothing
5. Pressing NVDA+Keypad4 and NVDA+Keypad 6 announces "Desktop in object
6. Pressing the power button to shut down instantly shuts down.
7. Holding down the power button for 8 seconds results in the same. The
machine instantly shuts down.
Taking a picture of the screen using KNFB Reader I get enough information to
see that the Windows 10 lock screen is displayed. Pressing any key to
display the password box results in nothing.
9. I cannot reboot to a USB boot disk even though I have the boot order set
to USB first.
Has anyone else had this happen to them and what did they do about it? I
found an article that talks about a hybronation file in a directory on the
hard disk. The only thing I can think to do is to remove the hard drive and
do a clean install again.
Thanks for my rant this morning.
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
follow me on twitter.
contact me on skype.