Re: NVDA Freezing Again

Sharni-Lee Ward

I'll see if I can reproduce it again at a later time, but I can tell you it has only happened to me when the computer only recently started up. I was able to activate the snapshot half an hour after startup with no problems.

To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Freezing Again
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:21:27 -0700

Hi,

Uh oh, I and other developers will need a log (when this happens).

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:05 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Freezing Again

Recently I sent a message to this list about an issue I'd been having since I got my Focus 40 Braille Display. NVDA would occasionally freeze just after startup, would refuse to restart and I would have to shut down the computer to get it working again.

This morning, after starting up, I initiated the snapshot Joseph recently released for use with Braille Displays. It froze twice when I attempted to change to the experimental Unified English Braille Grade 2 table and I had to restart the computer after both attempts. I am assuming this problem originates with the Braille Display, not NVDA, as this also happened once before I attempted to use the snapshot. Yep, I had to restart the computer a total of three times this morning because of this freezing issue. Am I doing something wrong? I have the display connected via USB and unless I want something else plugged into that port (my laptop only has two usb ports and the other one is for my internet) I leave it plugged in when I shut down and it is still plugged in when I initially start up the computer.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.