Re: Running a Windows XP Virtual Machine

Jacob

No but the option in BIOS is only a change you have do oncce on your machine. So might be possible for most people to get sighted asistance to do so. It'll speed up virtual machines if you enable virtualization.

OZ0TE Jacob

On 4. jan. 2017 at 20.15 kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:

Can you run the BIOS ) NVDA?

On 1/4/17, Jacob <dx@...> wrote:
Yes it works fine with NVDA. I use Oracle Virtualbox. It's free software. If
you or some of your friends already have a file containing a virtual machine
with XP you can just run it after install Virtualbox. If you don't have a
virtual machine you have to create one and then installl system you like to
run. Virtual machines will run slow if you don't have a powerful computer.
And it's best to turn on virtualization in BIOS to allow direct access to
your CPU. I don't know if there is a guide. I use the manual and liittle
help from a friend already using Virtualbox. If you think I can help you can
try contact me off list. Think it'll get off topic continue here :-)

OZ0TE Jacob

On 4. jan. 2017 at 19.30 kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:

All,

I've never done this before, but would like to try it for a few
reasons. First, can one do this with NVDA successfully? Second, are
there instructions on how to do so? Finally, is there a way to do it
for free?